Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Future of the Drive-in

Well, folks, 2016 is almost 2/3 over (and I am rapidly approaching the first anniversary since its inauguration).  In the words of The Grateful Dead "What a Long strange trip it's been".



I have co-hosted one blogathon (The Oscars Snubs Blogathon) and have gone solo on another (The Film Noir Blogathon).  Both of them had lots of participation and I hope they were fun for those who got involved.




















Looking forward to the future, I hope to do another blogathon (this one dedicated to John Wayne) in the near future, if I can wangle a fellow blogger to co-host with me (that one is still pending.)  Update: It is no longer "pending".  Hamlette @ Hamlette's Soliloquy has stepped up to the plate to help me run the blogathon, coming to a blog near you in December.




I will also be finishing out the year with a few more entries into other blogathons.  Keep your eyes peeled for those.  As well, since my anniversary is on or about Halloween, I want to celebrate with a week long tribute to some of my favorite horror movies.








Next year I am also going to celebrate the 55th birthday of James Bond movies by posting a year long tribute titled "The Year of Bond" (24 movies so far, so @ 2 movies a month, I will finish in December of 2017.  These will appear regularly on the "007"th day of the month...)



Plus there will be plenty more fellow bloggers' blogathons to enter and fulfill.  If you were one of the early readers of this post, you will notice that I replaced "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" with "Creepshow" for my Halloween tribute.  That's because since I wrote this, I joined a circus themed blogathon, scheduled for mid-November, and decided to move Killer Klowns to that blogathon instead, so keep watching the blog.

 I have no plans to go anywhere.  But I am going to take a break for another week to rest up from The Film Noir Blogathon I finally put to bed.  Take care, and look for "Dazed and Confused" for Pop Culture Reverie's Back to School Blogathon as my next post next weekend.


Quiggy


10 comments:

  1. Blogathons keep me interested and on my toes. Sounds like you are finding the same. A year of Bond? Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still have time to decide if I want to do it sequentially or just two random ones each month.

      Delete
  2. Love horror and love Bond too, looking forward to them!!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. The Bonds will be double features. I'm still debating on whether yo combine movies and do three separate horror entries or do one movie a day for the week leading up to it. One thing is for sure, those six I posted movie posters for are the ones I will review.

      Delete
  3. Love me some James Bond! That will be very fun. And you already know I'm interested in the John Wayne blogathon -- I'm sending you an email today about it at the address you list on your blog profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it didn't go to my Spam file as I deleted my spam before I saw this. Otherwise I still didn't get anything yet. You may have to manually type it in, as there may be some glitch in the link the site provides. I know every time I reply to one of these comments I get an error message. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
    2. And that is why I mentioned it on your blog here. I'll try again! If you don't get it by tomorrow morning, please comment here again and I'll just give you my address instead.

      Delete
    3. Got it and you should have a reply now. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Quiggy! You can count on me for the upcoming John Wayne blogathon.
    And also I'd like to invite you to join the At The Circus blogathon that I'm co-hosting! More details here: https://t.co/q4jTAeyGi8
    Cheers!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into that blogathon. Wish I knew where I could scout up a copy of "Circus World" (one of the few John Wayne movies I don't have), but I'll think of something.

      Delete

I'm pretty liberal about freedom of speech, but if you try to use this blog to sell something it will be deleted.