Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunshine Blogger Award #2





There are numerous ways to get me to open up, but the best way is to make me write about something in which I have an avid interest; movies.  I don't do this blog for readers (although I do appreciate each and every one of you).  I do it because I have a love of film and an inherent need to express my opinion on them.

So I got another nom for a Sunshine Blogger Award.  That means at least somebody likes what I'm putting down on the screen.  Since I don't really know much about the Sunshine Blogger award following is the opening from my first SB award (with the link changed to acknowledge the new nominator...)

Realweegiemidget Reviews  nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger award.  Don't know much about it, it appears to be a clone of a Liebster Award.  One thing for sure, if "Sunshine" is a synonym for happy and carefree, my output so far has been on the darker side of happy.  (They make me happy, I'll grant that.)  But who am I to quibble.

So I'll first answer the questions that she poses for me:




1. Which actor or actress who hasn’t received an Oscar do you think deserves one? And for what film? 

The first part is easy peasy.  Peter O'Toole.  Narrowing it down to one of his films is a bit harder.  But being as I wrote about what a great job he did in the 1980 film The Stunt Man I will go with that.


2. Who is your favourite child actor who is still acting and now an adult?

Kurt Russell.  First appearance (for me) as a Jungle Boy on "Gilligan's Island."

3. If you are on Twitter, have you any celebrity followers?

Not on Twitter.  Probably wouldn't have ANY followers if I did...

4. Who or what do you think needs to have a blogathon tribute?

I'm still looking for a Vincent Price blogathon.  Just don't want to run it myself...  I'm too busy setting up two for the new year anyway.

5. Who would you cast as you in a biopic.

Steve Buscemi
6. Who would you like to see a biopic made about, and who would you cast in this role..
John Wayne.  Don't know who could play him though.


7. What film has had the greatest impact on you?

Pleasantville always exemplified my philosophy of questioning why things are the way they are and what can be done to open the world to new possibilities.

8. If you could rename your blog what would you change it to?

I don't know, but it would have to have "Drive-In" still in the title.   Maybe "The Drive-In at the Edge of the Universe"?


9. Which famous starry couple (of any time and place) would you want as neighbours?

R2D2 and C3PO.  (You didn't say they had to be real... and besides starry could easily be read as "star"ry)

10. First actor / actress crush and your latest one.

I don't remember way back, but I fell in love with Meg Foster (those eyes) in the TV movie "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow".  My current is still Charlize Theron.


11. Who would you most like to interview for your blog in a one off exclusive interview and what three questions would you ask.

I have been and still am a groupie for director John Carpenter.  But coming up with questions is a problem.  I'd probably be too starstruck to do more than stutter.

Now I have to name 11 bloggers. The last time I tried that I ended up with no entries and a couple of brushoffs.  So I'll just leave it up to you.  Want to answer these questions?  Leave me a link to your blog if you do.  These are Halloween themed questions since Halloween is a few days away:

1.  Which actor or actress really scared the hell out of you and in what role?

2.  What scary movie tops your list of scary movies?

3.  If you could direct a film version of a scary novel which one would you choose?

4.  What horror movie would you like to see remade?

5.  Is there any horror film location that is on your bucket list to visit?  If so, where is it?

6.  Of vampires, werewolves or zombies, which would you be most frightened to bump into in a dark alley?

7.  How many horror movies do you own?

8.  What is your fondest memory of a costume you wore for Halloween?  (Doesn't have to be as a kid.  Could be one you wore to an adult party.)

9.   Speaking of Halloween, are you handing out candy?  If I show up to your door, can I have some?

10.  Are you going to answer the door in costume this year?

11.  How man zombies does it take to chang a lightbulb?

Enjoy people.

Quiggy


2 comments:

I'm pretty liberal about freedom of speech, but if you try to use this blog to sell something it will be deleted.