Friday, June 12, 2020

Masters of Disaster: The Disaster Blogathon Arrives








The world is coming to an end.  You just have time enough to stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

So the Disaster Blogathon will probably have you believe anyway.  We have all kinds of scenarios of imminent destruction; from plagues, to sinking boats, to planes in imminent danger of crashing.  We have alien invasions, to erupting volcanoes and even a giant octopus.

Keep coming back over the weekend to find out who is going to be still among the living after the spectacles befall us.  Also check out my co-host's website for a more current update until Sunday.  Dubsism  has more time to keep it current than me until Sunday... LOL



The Disaster Roll Call:





Moon in Gemini:  The Andromeda Strain




Realweegiemidget Reviews:  Airport





John V's Eclectic Avenue:  Miracle Mile





Angelman's Place:  Deep Impact





Caftan Woman:  The Hurricane





Charity's Place: Pompeii




Hamlette's Soliloquy:  The High and the Mighty





And You Call Yourself A Scientist: No Time at All





An Aging Broad with a Scrapbook: Deluge





The Spirochaete Trail: Hero









Sports Chump: Independence Day




Cinematic Catharsis: It Came From beneath the Sea





Taking Up Room: The Towering Inferno




Pure Entertainment Preservation Society:  Titanic (1953)




Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: The Poseidon Adventure





Crítica Retrô: The Last Days of Pompeii






and another entry by






The Midnite Drive-in: The Stand




Movie Rob: The Swarm





Movie Rob: (again) Mars Attacks!




Movie Rob: (again)  The Wandering Earth






Silver Screenings: When Worlds Collide





The Stop Button: Ashfall





Horseback to Byzantium: Exit





Totally Filmi: Virus

I think we had 100% participation on this.  A new one for me.  Thanks to all entrants.  And thanks to Dubsism for letting me in on ground zero.

Quiggy


8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I look forward to reading them all. Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my post!! https://phyllislovesclassicmovies.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-disaster-blogathon-on-board-poseidon.html

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just witnessed The Last Days of Pompeii twice and here are my thoughts:
    https://criticaretro.blogspot.com/2020/06/os-ultimos-dias-de-pompeia-1913-last.html
    Cheers (I guess?),
    Le

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out to be a damn solid event. Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty impressive turnout. Haven't seen the like in most of the ones I've gotten involved with. Thanks for letting me on board.

      Delete

I'm pretty liberal about freedom of speech, but if you try to use this blog to sell something it will be deleted.